A primary license is the license of a senior professional at the firm. It needs to be entered and verified in order for an ad to run. Here’s how it works:
- During onboarding, the primary license is entered in the verification portal. The license is then verified by the verification team.
- Once the primary license has been verified, the provider needs to meet the remaining pre-badge ad requirements for the ad to go live:
- Business headshot uploaded
- Budget set
- Billing information entered
- At least 1 Google My Business review
To earn the Google Screened badge, licenses for all professionals must be entered and pass verification.
Here’s how it works:
- During the sign-up flow, enter the number of professionals in their business.This number should include themselves if they are a professional. For example, if the business owner of a firm is also a personal injury lawyer, and there are 3 other personal injury lawyers working at the firm, they should put 4 in the total number of personal injury lawyers.
- Once all the professional licenses have been verified, the firm receives the Google Screened badge if they pass all the remaining badge requirements (e.g. insurance and background checks).
To enhance their profile and build more trust with prospective clients, professional service providers can also feature an unlimited number of professionals on their profile.
1. Background Checks
- A law firm’s managing partner and its attorneys undergo a third-party background check.
- The background check searches for felony charges up to 7 years back.
2. Required Documents
- Each attorney must provide proof of active bar membership in their firm’s state.
- Firms must also provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) that meet the following requirements:
- Valid within the next 30 days
- General Liability box must be checked and expiration date, certificate holder, and signature are required
3. Positive Reviews
- In order to run LSAs, law firms must have an average review score of 3.0 stars or more.
Once this process is complete, your ads will show the “Google Screened” badge, which provides additional credibility for your firm.
Contact Joe Ortega if you are interested in getting started with Local Services Ads (LSAs) or would like more information.
Learn more about the Google Screened badge.