What are LSAs?
Google is rolling out pay-per-lead ads called Local Services Ads to the legal industry and began recently in select markets. These ads are a great complement to pay-per-click ads. Additionally, if everything is filled out and the firm passes background checks it receives a Google Screened badge.
The badge tells prospective clients of your firm that you have been vetted by Google in an extensive screening process. The badge helps increase your firm’s credibility, making it easier to attract calls and new clients.
These will need to be set up internally as there is a screening process which can take 2 to 5 weeks and requires extensive documentation from your firm.
1. Background Checks
- A law firm’s managing partner, its attorneys, and the firm must undergo a third-party background check.
- The background check searches for felony charges up to 7 years back.
2. Required Documents
- Each attorney must provide proof of active bar membership in their firm’s state.
- Firms must also provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) that meet the following requirements:
- Valid within the next 30 days
- General Liability box must be checked and expiration date, certificate holder, and signature are required
3. Positive Reviews
- In order to run LSAs, law firms must have an average review score of 3.0 stars or more.
Once you complete this process your ads will show the “Google Screened” badge, which provides additional credibility for your firm.
Here is the link to begin the application process or call us for more information about these new ad formats: 980-221-9035